Simple tofu burger recipe, made even easier with a packaged mix.
- Tofu, 1 package (12-14 oz)
- Toppings such as broccoli, onion
- A pre-made burger mix, such as House Foods Tofu Burger Patty Mix
- Optional: ground beef, egg
- Drain some water out of the tofu.
- Cut any toppings into small pieces.
- In a big bowl, mix together tofu, vegetable toppings, and maybe ground beef.
- Note: I personally like to add a little bit of ground beef into my mix, but I also sometimes make it vegetarian.
- If the mix is not sticky enough, try adding an egg or two.
- Take small batches of the mix and form into patties.
- Cook each patty in a pan for about 4 minutes each side.
- Service with sauce; my family likes mixing Japanese Worcestershire sauce with ketchup.