Omelette Rice is a classic Japanese dish. As someone with a sticky pan, I resorted to cooking ketchup rice with eggs instead.
- 5-6 eggs
- Half of one onion
- Proteins such as shrimp, chicken, ham, etc
- Veggies such as spinach
- Optional: tomato sauce
- Dice the onion.
- Cut any proteins and/or vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a pan, add butter and cook the diced onions.
- Add proteins and veggies and cook.
- Remove from pan.
- Add some vegetable oil into the pan and add the rice.
- Add ketchup, and maybe tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add the toppings and mix well.
- Remove everything and place into a serving plate.
- Add some vegetable oil into the pan and add the beaten eggs.
- Cook until done, and serve with rice.